Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another Vacation

Nate and I got to go on vacation again, July 24th-29th. We went to the Florida Keys with Nate's family.

Highlights:
  • Limo ride to dinner in South Beach and delicious food Friday night
  • Beautiful house in Marathon (Side note: the guy who owned the house was the Northwest pilot who invented wheeled luggage)
  • Key West is a fun place! We explored Duvall Street and all the shops. Nate and I said we'd like to go back there.
  • Nate's parents rented a boat for a day, so we went snorkeling, saw a bunch of dolphins, and went fishing off Key West. A bunch of firsts for me, I'd never seen dolphins or fished in the ocean before.
  • It was roasting hot in Key West, but Nate, Nick, and I went parasailing. It was a blast! I stopped being a chicken and just did it.
  • Despite being stuck in Memphis, we went to Corky's and had some delicious barbeque ribs.

Lowlights:

  • Wicked thunder storms a lot of the time, but we still had fun!
  • Nate and I had to spend Wednesday night in Memphis, after missing our flight because of storms in Miami. I will be packing a toothbrush, deodorant, and change of clothes in my carry-on from now on. There's only one flight from Memphis to Madison every day, and it's at 7:00 pm. Nate had to work at 10:00 pm that night. Everything would've been okay except our flight was delayed, and we didn't take off until 9:00 pm. Poor guy was so tired the next morning!

View pictures here:

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1918752013/a=123328029_123328029/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

No comments:

Post a Comment